Your ideas have rights. We'll help you protect them.
Weeks Law has experience in guiding clients with questions and issues respecting intellectual property and assisting them in determining the best course of action in protecting their intellectual property. We’ve helped businesses and individuals with respect to intellectual property issues and registering trademark and copyrights, directing and consulting patent issues and registrations, finalizing licensing agreements, and establishing ownership and protection of trade secrets.
Our clients have been involved in a variety of industries, including software, technology transfer, E-Commerce, website development and hosting, entertainment, research, publishing and education. We can help you with your intellectual property so you can concentrate on your business.
More on Intellectual Property (IP)
Mr. Weeks is a Canadian and U.S. trademark agent and a member of the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC) as well as Digital Alberta and the Calgary Council of Advanced Technology (CCAT) and a graduate of the Osgoode Hall Law School of York University Entertainment Law.
Our intellectual property experience includes:
- Agreements and Contracts
- Trademarks and Slogans
- Trade Secrets
What is IP?
The Canadian Intellectual Property office segments intellectual property (IP) into the following:
- Copyright provides protection for literary, artistic, dramatic or musical works (including computer programs) and other subject-matter known as performer’s performances, sound recordings and communication signals.
- Patents cover new inventions (process, machine, manufacture, composition of matter) or any new and useful improvement to an existing invention.
- Trademarks may be one or a combination of words, sounds or designs used to distinguish the goods or services of one person or organization from those of others in the marketplace.
- Industrial designs are the visual features of shape, configuration, pattern or ornament, or any combination of these features, applied to a finished article.
- Integrated circuit topographies refer to the three-dimensional configurations of electronic circuits embodied in integrated circuit products or layout designs.
Other helpful links:
How We Work
Bringing you peace of mind and value
We’re people first. We practice law because we’re passionate about helping our clients with their legal needs. From personal legal services like a new home purchase to the wide variety of legal needs that small and medium sized businesses encounter, we understand that any legal process can be stressful (sometimes even intimidating).
We’re committed to providing peace of mind, value and experienced assistance no matter what the scope of your legal requirements might be.